RV Winter Operation
Happy Trails RV Rentals, LLC
UNITS ARE NOT RENTED BETWEEN DECEMBER 1ST - MARCH 1ST
During the winter months, you have the option of leaving the unit winterized (no water in the system and anti-freeze in the traps) or we will close the system and prepare it for water use. Winter RV use is a little more work than usual but well worth the trouble.
De-Winterization Fee: $49.95
Re-Winterization Fee: $49.95
If you choose to use the water system during Freezing Temperatures (32 degrees or below), here is what you will need to do:
- Plug unit in when possible. Power cords must be ran through access door in bottom of compartment. Never run cord through door opening. All Exterior Compartment doors must be completely closed to avoid freezing water lines located in underbelly of coach. All furnaces are propane but the blowers are electrical and use of a lot of 12 Volt which can run the battery down easily. RV furnaces are not designed for uninterrupted service in cold weather. Please have one or two electric space heaters on board for back up heating. Bring slides (especially the large main slide) in to keep Motorhome warmer. Never turn thermostat below 70 degrees, even if you are not in the coach.
- Hot water must stay lit in cold weather to avoid freezing (water freezes at 32 degrees or below). Check pilot lights often, as they sometimes blow out while driving or even in gusty winds.
- If it is really cold open all interior cabinet doors, Kitchen and bathroom doors to allow heat to circiulate around the water pipes and water pump.
- A small amount of RV Antifreeze in each holding tank will help prevent freeze up. For the gray water tank, pour RV Antifreeze down the kitchen, bathroom and shower drains. For the sewer tank, pour down the toilet and flush. Repeat procedure if you dump the tanks. Leave ½” of Anti-freeze in bowl of toilet.
- We do not supply chains. If chains are required, re-route or wait until chain requirements are lifted. Chains cause major damage to wheel wells and undercarriage. Usually, chain requirements are for a short period of time, and can be waited out.
- In extreme cold conditions (single digits and below), you should run water and water pump every hour. Heated holding tank switches should be on at all times when the outside temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
IF YOU PLAN ON RETURNING YOUR UNIT OUTSIDE OF BUSINESS HOURS - you are responsible for the prevention of freezing in the unit until our regular business hours.
- We will charge for damage due to freezing.
- RVS MUST BE HEATED AT ALL TIMES.
- YOU WILL BE 100% RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FREEZE DAMAGE UNTIL THE UNIT IS CHECKED IN THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY.
YOU WILL HAVE TO NOTIFY US WHETHER OR NOT YOU WILL HAVE THE UNIT DE-WINTERIZED 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR DEPARTURE DATE
Mon. - Friday: 9am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
SUNDAYS: CLOSED No Pick-Ups or Drop Offs
* NO PICK-UPS OR DROP-OFFS AFTER HOURS *
Memorial Day Weekend:
Closed Saturday & Monday
Labor Day Weekend:
Closed Saturday & Monday
4th of July:
Closed on July 3rd - July 5th